This annual conference aims at bringing together local and international state-of-the-art research and facilitating the dialogue on emerging topics in the field of Geo-information Science and Technology.
The conference is also meant to be an interdisciplinary forum for leading research student in related areas to present the latest developments and applications, to discuss cutting-edge technology, to exchange research ideas and to promote international collaboration in this field. It offers an interdisciplinary forum to research students in the closely related fields of:
- Requirements and standardizations: consistency and rules for the development of method and implementation.
- Data acquisition: methods in the handling of high accurate data acquisition, filtering, and storage.
- Data collection and modelling: advanced approaches for data collection, reconstruction and methods for representation.
- Data management: Dynamic topological, geometrical and network models for maintenance of geo-information in n-dimension.
- Data analysis and visualization: frameworks for representing spatial relationships, spatial analysis and algorithms for navigation, interpolation, etc. The results are supported by Advanced Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality visualization.
- Multi-dimensional GIS: Framework for different dimensionalities of geo-information and aspects of implementation and applications.
- Mobile GIS.
Among others, the following subjects will be addressed in the conference:
- Flood, earthquake and other Disaster Management
- Land Administration Domain Model (LADM)
- Global Positioning System (GPS) and GNSS
- Location-Based Services (LBS)
- Modeling and Analysis of Remotely Sensed Data
- Airborne and Terrestrial Laser Scanning
- LiDAR and UAV Mapping
- Land Development
- Geospatial Data Modeling (including Temporal)
- Hydrography and Charting
- Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI)
- Environmental Mapping, Geological Modelling
- GIS and Remote Sensing Application
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Open Source Geoinformation
- Volunteered Geographic Information
- Utility Mapping
- Professional Education